Halloween Party Ideas
Posted October 27, 2021 | by Compten Management Inc.
Is your Halloween is shaping up to look a bit different due to the pandemic? Don’t fret, we’ve got some spooky ideas to keep the thrill alive this year.
Fun and safe alternatives to Trick or Treating
While Trick or Treating is safe, many families prefer to skip this tradition for other activities they can enjoy together. Here’s our list of spooktacular ideas:
- Halloween Scavenger Hunt: Package up treats in bags and hide them throughout your apartment or (with your property manager’s permission) on the grounds of the apartment building.
- Watch spooky movies with plenty of Halloween candy.
- Attend this virtual magic show on October 30th at 8pm.
- Try this Free Hogwarts Digital Escape Room with your kids or have them try Pikachu’s Rescue challenge.
- Take the family to Downey’s Farm for the annual PumpkinFest just 30 minutes from our Embassy Apartments.
Safety tips for Trick or Treating:
Trick or treating is safe to do if you follow a few simple guidelines:
- Don’t let young children go trick or treating by themselves; have an adult supervise.
- Don’t enter any homes for candy.
- Don’t go trick or treating as a large group.
- Do use sanitizer if you need to touch elevator buttons, door handles, or accidentally touch someone else’s hand.
- Do wear bright colours or carry flashlights or glow bracelets.
- Do wear a mask and practice social distancing.
Adult parties and fun ideas
- Join the virtual Calendar Ghouls: A Halloween Cabaret show.
- Create a Netflix Party so your group of friends can synchronize a Halloween movie to watch. You’ll need this Chrome extension to create a Netflix Party.
- Work as a team to find your way through thrilling virtual escape rooms like this Hogwarts escape room and this Bank Heist escape room.
- Check out Toronto’s most haunted neighborhoods in one of the many spooky and spine-chilling ghost walks.
Whatever you choose to do this Halloween, Compten Management wishes you and your family a safe and happy Halloween.