Compten Management Inc. only collects, uses and discloses Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Evaluating your application to rent an apartment or accessory product or facility in any of the buildings owned, operated or managed by Compten Management Inc.
- Establishing and maintaining communication with you
- Verifying your identity, rental history and creditworthiness and the accuracy of your Personal Information with credit reporting firms, other landlords, government agencies and financial institutions.
- Determining and facilitating your payment of rents and other services;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities
- Complying with the law or the request of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products, facilities or services offered by Compten Management Inc. or our affiliated companies or landlords.
Your knowledge and consent of Compten Management Inc.'s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Compten Management Inc. through an authorized representative for the purpose of obtaining or renting an apartment or other facility, service or product (including information previously provided to Compten Management Inc.)
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process
- Your consent solicited by Compten Management Inc. for specific purposes
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Compten Management Inc. will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Compten Management Inc. to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with rental options or other requested products, facilities, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent for any or all matters including marketing initiatives, you agree that you must provide written notice thereof together with an original signature by registered mail to our head office address as indicated on this policy statement.
Compten Management Inc. will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Compten Management Inc. will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness & Access
When you telephone our office, we may confirm your identity by requesting certain Personal Information and you may be directed to provide your request in writing.
Compten Management Inc. will only collect Personal Information by fair and lawful means. We will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes. Compten Management Inc. is responsible for all Personal Information under its control and has designated a Privacy Officer who is accountable to our Board of Directors.